Tuesday 25 October 2016

Davide Villela (Cannodale - Drapac) wins 2016 Utsunomiya, #Japan Cup.

Davide Villella (Cannondale - Drapac






) wins final race of #Japan Cup.  Fabian Cancellara (Switzerland) of (Trek Sega - Fredo Pro Tean) Alias Spartacus hangs up his wheels in final race.                                                                          Davide breakaway in the final lap to ensured the final race day 2016 was a success for both himself and Cannondale-Drapac with the Italian claiming his first professional victory at the Japan Cup ahead of the (Orica-BikeExchange) duo Chris Juul Jensen and Rob Power. The 25-year-old, who started his season in February at the Volta a la Comunitat Valenciana, carried his strong form from Il Lombardia where he was fifth into the 1.HC race to claim the victory. Villella made his race winning move on the 14th and final lap of the race and held his advantage to take the victory by six seconds. "When I attacked, I thought: 'This is how I can win this race'. I felt sure if I attacked that I could win. I'm in really good shape at the end of my season," said Villella, adding his team and the roadside fans provided added motivation. "I love the Japanese fans. I've never seen anything like this in my life. They were crowded on the circuit, and they were so excited. It was really an amazing thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment