Thursday 6 April 2017

Marcel Kittel (Quick-Step Floor's) wins 2017 Scheldeprijs, Belgium

Marcel Kittel (Quick-Step Floor's) wins 2017 Scheldeprijs in Schoten, Belgium.

 Marcel Kittel (Quick-Step Floors) made his fifth career win in the Scheldeprijs look easy, taking out the sprint in Schoten from the front in a dominant fashion over Elia Viviani (Team Sky). Nacer Bouhanni (Cofidis) was third.







 The victory came after a late crash disrupted the peloton, but Kittel avoided the carnage, and had a perfect lead-out from teammate Matteo Trentin. “It was fantastic work from the team, Tom Boonen was strong in the finale. I was happy he could help me so much. Fabio Sabatini was caught up in the crash, but Matteo Trentin was very good and very smart in the lead-out," Kittel said. “I think it’s now a pretty good record so far. Schoten feels a little bit like my living room. I’m always happy to win here again and to see the fantastic spectators. It’s one of my favourite races,” he said, confirming that he will forgo the Giro d’Italia. “I won’t be in the Giro. Fernando [Gaviria] will be our sprinter there in the team. I will take some rest now and restart my training, and then ride the Tour of California as I build up to the Tour de France.

Top Ten Results:

 1 Marcel Kittel (Germany) Quick-Step Floor's 4:35:25,  
2 Elia Viviani (Italy) Team Sky,
3 Nacer Bouhanni (France) Cofidis, Solutions Credits,     4 Jurgen Roelandts (Belgium) Lotto Soudal,     5 Pascal Ackermann (Germany) Bora-Hansgrohe,   6 Rudy Barbier (Franace) AG2R La Mondiale,    7 Reinardt Janse Van Rensburg (South Africa) Dimension Data,     8 Marc Sarreau (Franace) FDJ,     9 Ramon Sinkeldam (Netherland) Team Sunweb,     10 Jonas Van Genechten (Belgium) Cofidis, Solutions Credits.

No comments:

Post a Comment