Thursday 23 March 2017

Nacer Bouhani (Team Cofidis) sprints to Volta Catalunya stage Four victory in Igualada, Spain.

Nacer Bouhanni (Cofidis) wins Volta Catalunya stage four snow shortend stage in Igualada, Spain Road.

 Nacer Bouhanni (Cofidis) claimed the fourth stage of the Volta a Catalunya on Thursday, surviving a late second-category climb to sprint to victory in Igualada.
 After 134km of racing – the stage was shortened from 194km due to snow on the route – FDJ led the peloton into the finale for Davide Cimolai. Bouhanni, however, surged past the Italian with 150 metres to go to take a convincing win. Cimolai finished second, with Orica-Scott's Daryl Impey taking third. It was a welcome result for Bouhanni after Cimolai bested him on the opening day of the race.
 "I'm super happy with what the Cofidis team has done for me today and by helping me to win this race," said Bouhanni. "It was my fault on stage 1, I went too far out. I wasn't happy to lose by two centimetres and so I really wanted to win today. I did what I needed to do.







There was a brief skirmish in the GC battle going over the final climb, with Sky's Chris Froome and Movistar's Alejandro Valverde making it into a four-man escape on the descent, but an alert peloton snuffed the move out. BMC's Tejay van Garderen finished with the pack to retain his overall race lead ahead of Friday's mountainous fifth stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment