Monday 13 March 2017

Peter Sagan (Bora-Hansgrohe) sprints to Tirreno stage five victory in Fermo. Italy Road.

Peter Sagan (Bora-Hansgrohe) wins Tirreno-Adriatico stage in Fermo.

 Sagan enjoys victory on a 'crazy day' at Tirreno-Adriatico Thomas and Sky left with little to show for their aggression at Tirreno-Adriatico Quintana: GC margin 'should be' enough to win Tirreno-Adriatico Tirreno-Adriatico organisers make small change to stage 6 route Dennis continues ascent up Tirreno-Adriatico standings.
 The reigning world champion survived a short but steep climb to the finish after 210 kilometres to contest stage 5 in a reduced sprint, nabbing a convincing victory over a field mostly composed of GC contenders.
Thibaut Pinot (FDJ), who moved up to second overall midway through the day when (Orica-Scott'sy Adam Yates abandoned, claimed runner-up honours and a few bonus seconds,
 while LottoNl-Jumbo's Primoz Roglic finished third. Nairo Quintana (Movistar) continues to lead the general classification heading into Monday's stage 6, which runs 168km from Ascoli Piceno to Civitanova Marche.
 The stage turned into a race of attrition in its second half, as they tackled a collection of short, steep climbs. Rider after rider was dropped, while up front attack followed attack, but none stayed clear.






 The stage ended with a small group of the top GC riders grinding their way up yet another steep, narrow, cobble climb to the finish line, only to be joined and then easily passed by the world champion. "I felt very bad today, but I am very happy for this win," Sagan said. "It was looking like I wouldn’t be able to race tomorrow – all day it was full gas, with everyone attacking. I don't know if the other riders saw the profile? "Rafal Majka was the guy who put his trust in me today. I said to him not to be stupid – that we'll go together, and if he had the legs he'd go. He worked for me and trusted my ability more than I did. I was actually dropped in the last climb, but just got back in the final kilometre. After that I did my best and am Very happy with the victory.

No comments:

Post a Comment