Thursday 18 May 2017

Andrew Talansky (Cannondale Drapac) wins stage five atop Mt.Baldy, California.

Andrew Talansky (Cannondale Drapac) breaks two-year's of no win of a worldtour race after outsprinting race leader Rafal Majka (Bora-Hansgrohe) atop Mt. Baldy climb to win stage five queen stage, of Amgen Tour of California.






 George Bennett (Team LottoNl-Jumbo) retained his hopes of winning the overall title by finishing third overall. However, it's Majka who heads into Friday's time trial with a slender six-second lead over Bennett.

Talansky's win moved him into fourth, 44 seconds off the Nora rider's lead. "When we hit the final climb, I knew I felt good. But when I knew I didn't have a chance to shake Bennett, Majka and Boswell, I decided to go for the stage win," said Talansky.

I've never been at the front of this finish before. I knew there was that last corner and how I needed to take it.

 Top 10 General Classification Result from stage Five 

1, Rafal Majka (Poland) Bora-Hansgrohe 19:47:57,
2, George Bennett (Newzealand) Team LottoNl-Jumbo 0:00:06,
3, Ian Boswell (USA) Team Sky 0:00:25,
4, Andrew Talansky (USA) Cannondale-Drapac 0:00:44,
 5, Lachlan Morton (Australia) Dimension Data 0:00:49,
 6, Brent Bookwalter (USA) BMC Racing Team 0:01:02,
 7, Sam Oomen (Netherland) Team Sunweb 0:01:14,
 8, Robert Gesink (Ned) Team LottoNl-Jumbo 0:01:31,
 9, Tao Geoghegan Hart (GBr) Team Sky 0:01:34,
10, Vegard Stake Laengen (Norway) UAE Team Emirates 0:01:50

No comments:

Post a Comment