Tuesday 16 May 2017

Peter Sagan (Bora-Hansgrohe) sprints to stage three victory in Morro Bay, California.

Peter Sagan (Bora-Hansgrohe) sprints to his 16 career stage win in Morro Bay, his teammate Rafal Majka keeps leaders jersey Amgen Tour of California.

 Sagan played off a 400m-to-go attack by Cannondale-Drapac's Taylor Phinney, using the American as the rubber band for his slingshot and then blasting past Katusha's Rick Zabel to take the win in Morro Bay.








Simone Consonni (UAE Team Emirates) pipped Alexander Kristoff (Katusha) for third on the stage. Asked in the post-race press conference how the final metres played out, the world champion, who often rides by instinct, had a smile answer. "I don't remember," Sagan said. "I was afar way behind, and from the second last turn right I was really far behind, and after I start to recover a little bit of position in the front.
After I did the last turn it was just a big mess in the front, and then I just started sprinting and kept going in the front. I don't remember what happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment